At Home Engineering Kits
We miss you at The Works Museum! To make up for the distance, our team of educators has put together a series of At Home Engineering projects to keep your young engineers entertained and excited about STEM. Each kit comes with all the special materials needed to make a project, online video instructions, and access to live educator “office hours” on Zoom where kids can troubleshoot their projects, ask questions, and get ideas for what they can engineer next.
When you purchase our At Home Engineering kits, you’re not only providing valuable hands-on learning for your child, you’re supporting a local nonprofit organization. As a thank you, we’re including a free YOXO building set with each purchase, while supplies last.
How It Works:
- Order your At-Home engineering kit through the link below.
- Once your order is complete, you will receive a link to select your pickup date and time.
- When you pick up your kit, you will receive a link to the At-Home Engineering tutorial video.
- If you run into trouble, want to ask questions about the science behind the project, or want ideas for more projects related to your kit, talk to one of our educators during their designated office hours, or email one of our educators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curbside Pickup Available:
- Wednesday from 5-6 p.m. at Turtle Lake Elementary
(1141 Lepak Ct., Shoreview, MN 55126)
- Thursday from 5-6 p.m. at The Works Museum
- Friday from 12-1 p.m. at The Works Museum
Learn about how electricity flows through a circuit. Build your own light-up creature by creating a circuit using an LED light and a button battery.
Learn how motors work, and how electricity flows through a circuit. Create a circuit using a motor, wires, and a battery, then attach it to a base to design your own dancing robot.
Learn about reflection and refraction using household materials. Create your own kaleidoscope to see beautiful shapes and colors.
Learn about the trajectory of flying objects. Design your own mini catapult to launch projectiles into the air.