Camp Policies of The Works Museum
If you need to cancel:
- 30 or more days before camp start date, 50% of the camp fee will be refunded (minus a 10% processing fee) OR receive a voucher for the full amount of the camp fee (minus a 10% processing fee) to be used for future camps.
- 14-29 days before the camp start date, receive a voucher for the full amount of the camp fee (minus a 10% processing fee) to be used for future camps.
- 13, or fewer, days before camp start date, no refunds or vouchers will be issued.
- The Works Museum makes the safety and enjoyment of all campers a top priority.
- If the safety of staff, campers, or property is at risk, the camper will be removed from class immediately and sent home.
- If a behavior issue occurs, educators will redirect campers.
- If the behavior continues, campers will be removed from the classroom and parents will be called. Education staff, parent, and camper will work together to problem-solve the situation and create a behavior plan for the camper so s/he can return to camp.
- If behavior issues continue, the camper will be removed from class and sent home for the day.
- If it is determined that a resolution cannot be met, The Works reserves the right to remove a child from camp.
- No age exceptions will be made for Pre-K camps. Campers must be entering a Kindergarten program in September.
- Campers MUST BE IN OR HAVE COMPLETED Kindergarten by the camp start date to register for camps in the 6-8 year old section.
- If a camper will turn 9 years old within 3 months of the camp start date, they may register for a camp in the 9-11 year old section. If the child is younger than this and the parent wishes to register them for a camp in the 9-11 year old section, the parent must provide a letter:
- From a teacher or adult mentor who has worked with their child
- On school letterhead
- Addresses the child’s ability to work with older children in terms of their social/emotional, fine-motor and cognitive skills.
- The child will be registered for one camp outside of the age range; our staff and the parents will communicate about the child’s ability to continue to take future programs with age exception.
- Registration for camp implies permission to use photographs of students for promotional purposes only. Children will not be identified by name. You may opt out of this release on your registration form.
- If a child requires emergency medical attention, transport to the nearest medical facility will be permitted.
Extended Drop-off & Pick-up
- Early drop-off is available for no additional charge from 8:30-9 a.m. for morning and full-day camps.
- Pickup is from 4-4:15 p.m. If a child is not picked up by 4:15, s/he will be enrolled in aftercare and a fee of $10 will be charged.
- NEW! Lunch Supervision from 12-1:15 p.m. is available for campers attending a morning camp only, for $10 per day. If a child is not picked up by 1:15 p.m., a fee of $1 per minute will be charged, payable upon pickup.
- Aftercare from 4:15-5 p.m. is available, $10 per day. If a child is not picked up by 5 p.m., a fee of $1 per minute will be charged, payable upon pickup.