Camp Policies of The Works Museum
Please note the exceptions related to COVID-19 after the cancellation section.
If you need to cancel:
- 30 or more days before camp start date, 50% of the camp fee will be refunded (minus a 10% processing fee) OR you can choose to receive a voucher for the full amount of the camp fee to be used for future camps.
- 14-29 days before the camp start date, receive a voucher for the full amount of the camp fee to be used for future camps.
- 13, or fewer, days before camp start date, no refunds or vouchers will be issued.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy Exception:
- The health and safety of our campers and staff is our top priority. If your child has been exposed to or is exhibiting ANY symptoms of COVID-19, do not send them to camp. We will work with you to switch your registration to another week of camp, offer you a voucher for a future camp, or arrange alternate accommodations in unique circumstances.
If The Works Museum must cancel your camp for any reason, we will work with you to find another camp to switch your registration to, or you will receive a full refund or a voucher for the full amount of the camp.
NOTE: The Works Museum will regularly update policies on COVID-19 safety based on recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health. Specific details on these policies will be emailed to parents and caregivers as they are updated. All campers must comply with health and safety procedures, or they will not be allowed to participate. If you have concerns or questions about a specific policy, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Works Museum makes the safety and enjoyment of all campers a top priority.
- If the safety of staff, campers, or property is at risk, the camper will be removed from class immediately and sent home.
- If a behavior issue occurs, educators will redirect campers.
- If the behavior continues, campers will be removed from the classroom and parents will be called. Education staff, parent, and camper will work together to problem-solve the situation and create a behavior plan for the camper so s/he can return to camp.
- If behavior issues continue, the camper will be removed from class and sent home for the day.
- If it is determined that a resolution cannot be met, The Works reserves the right to remove a child from camp.
- No age exceptions will be made for Pre-K camps. Campers must be entering a Kindergarten program in September.
- Campers MUST BE IN OR HAVE COMPLETED Kindergarten by the camp start date to register for camps in the 6-8 year old section.
- If a camper will turn 9 years old within 3 months of the camp start date, they may register for a camp in the 9-11 year old section. If the child is younger than this and the parent wishes to register them for a camp in the 9-11 year old section, the parent must provide a letter:
- From a teacher or adult mentor who has worked with their child
- On school letterhead
- Addresses the child’s ability to work with older children in terms of their social/emotional, fine-motor and cognitive skills.
- The child will be registered for one camp outside of the age range; our staff and the parents will communicate about the child’s ability to continue to take future programs with age exception.
- Registration for camp implies permission to use photographs of students for promotional purposes only. Children will not be identified by name. You may opt out of this release on your registration form.
- If a child requires emergency medical attention, transport to the nearest medical facility will be permitted.
Extended Drop-off & Pick-up
- Drop-off is from 8:30-9:00 for morning and full day camps, and 12:30-1:00 for afternoon camps.
- Pickup is from 12:00-12:15 for morning camps and 4:00-4:15 for afternoon and full day camps.
- Aftercare is not available this summer. If children are not picked up by 12:25 for morning camps or 4:25 for afternoon or full day camps, a fee of $10 per child will be charged, payable upon pickup.
- Lunch supervision is included from 12:00-1:00 only for campers attending a morning AND afternoon camp, or a full day camp. Lunch supervision is NOT available for morning-only or afternoon-only campers.