Winter Camps For Kids
We’ve all experienced it – winter break in the Twin Cities is awesome, until it’s not. The kids are bouncing off the walls, battling with you over screen time, and doing science and engineering experiments in places you’d rather they’d not. Let The Works Museum help with our hands-on winter camps for kids.
- We’ll keep your school-age kids busy and encourage science and engineering fun. Ideal for kids ages 5-10, our one-day camps lets them explore, discover, and create with real tools, materials, and projects.
- New half-day camps for 11-13 year-olds provide a unique opportunity for older students to take on engineering challenges and build their STEM skills.
- Also check out our full schedule of 2019-2020 School Holiday camps for kids.
Notes for planning:
- Camps will be held at The Works Museum: 9740 Grand Ave. S., Bloomington, MN 55420
- If you cancel:
- 30 or more days before camp start date, 50% of the camp fee will be refunded (minus a 10% processing fee) OR receive a voucher for the full amount of the camp fee (minus a 10% processing fee) to be used for future camps
- 14-29 days before the camp start date, receive a voucher for the full amount of the camp fee (minus a 10% processing fee) to be used for future camps.
- 13, or fewer, days before camp start date no refunds or vouchers will be issued
- If The Works must cancel a program, we will refund the full fee
Important Camp Details:
Did you know members get a discount on camps as well as other benefits? Not a member? Purchase a membership today!
One-Day Camps for ages 5-10.
- Per day price: $79, $71.10 members
- Ages 5-10 (5 year-olds must be currently enrolled in Kindergarten)
- Pizza lunch is included.
- Bring an a.m. and a p.m. snack.
Monday, December 23, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Join a team of sleuths to solve puzzles and engineering challenges. Unlock clues to a mystery in the Museum.
Thursday, December 26, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Spend the whole day building catapults and other launchers, and test how far you can fling things.
Static, Circuits, and Electrical Gizmos
Friday, December 27, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Generate static electricity, then practice wiring circuits to make gizmos that use LEDs and motors.
Monday, December 30, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Concoct your own recipes using a variety of ingredients to mix up different kinds of slime.
Thursday, January 2, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Explore strong structures and how tall towers are engineered. Everyone will contribute a floor to a LEGO skyscraper, as tall as we can make it. Watch as we strength-test our tower with the earthquake table.
NEW! Engineer Your Bling
Friday, January 3, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Try weaving different friendship bracelets. Make beads out of unusual materials. Use tools, wires, and jewelry hardware to construct backpack hangers, key chains, rings, bracelets, and more.
Half-Day Camps for ages 11-13.
- Per day price: $40, $36 members
- Ages 11-13
- Bring a p.m. snack
Make a Soldered Pendant
Friday, December 27, 1-4 p.m.
Try your hand at soldering and practice by making a cool metal pendant on a chain to take home.
Friday, January 3, 1-4 p.m.
Plan, design, and create characters to star in your own stop-motion animated video. Learn to design a set, create a storyline, and use iPads to capture your stop-motion shots.