Asynchronous Video Workshops
We’re here to support your school’s STEM learning experience with virtual workshops for every scenario. Our video workshops contain the same lessons and projects as the in-person workshops you know and love, just delivered virtually. As always, each of our workshops supports the MN K-12 Academic Standards in Science.
When you book a video workshop, we’ll assemble all the materials and provide you with a link to a pre-recorded workshop led by one of our educators. All you need to do is get the supplies to your students
How it works:
- When you request a video workshop, our Registration Coordinator will contact you to iron out all the details (number of kids, age-appropriate content, etc.)
- Once you’ve confirmed your video workshop, we’ll pack the materials for you and arrange pickup or delivery (see below).
- You get the materials to your students. These workshops are suitable for classes that meet in person, online, or a combination of both, which is why we leave the distribution to you.
- We’ll send you a link that you can use to play the video workshop in your classroom, or that you can post for your students in Google Classroom, Seesaw etc. This link will expire one week after your scheduled date.
- There are several breaks throughout the videos. These allow teachers in the classroom to set aside time for discussion/activities, or for students at home to pause the video to reflect and complete activities. Each workshop should take approximately 45-60 minutes to complete.
- Each workshop comes with an activity sheet that students will be prompted to fill out during the video. These activity sheets were developed as complementary assignments that students can submit, but feel free to use them however you like!
- Light and Kaleidoscopes
- Motor Power
- Super Circuits
$7 per student
This price includes a link to the video workshop and a full class set of materials with an activity sheet for your students to complete during the workshop.
Material Packaging Options
Full class set (included) – We’ll pack a box with all the materials your class will need, and you separate them out for your students.
Individually packaged ($1/per student) – We’ll supply each student’s materials in individual packaging.
Material Pickup/Shipping Options
Curbside Pickup (included) – Pick up materials at The Works any time during our open hours, or outside of open hours by prior arrangement with staff.
School Drop-Off – Works Museum staff brings materials to your school or site. Pricing is determined by location.
Shipping – Works Museum staff will ship materials to your school or site. Pricing is dependent on the cost of mailing.