October Teacher Conference Camp at The Works Museum
Are you looking for School Break Camps in the Twin Cities to engage your budding engineers? Our school holiday camps fit the bill!
- We’ll keep your school-age kids busy and encourage science and engineering fun. Ideal for kids ages 5-10, our one-day camps lets them explore, discover, and create with real tools, materials, and projects.
- New half-day camps for 11-13 year-olds provide a unique opportunity for older students to take on engineering challenges and build their STEM skills.
- Also check out our full schedule of 2019-2020 School Holiday camps for kids.
Notes for planning:
- Camps will be held at The Works Museum: 9740 Grand Ave. S., Bloomington, MN 55420
- If you cancel:
- 30 or more days before camp start date, 50% of the camp fee will be refunded (minus a 10% processing fee) OR receive a voucher for the full amount of the camp fee (minus a 10% processing fee) to be used for future camps
- 14-29 days before the camp start date, receive a voucher for the full amount of the camp fee (minus a 10% processing fee) to be used for future camps.
- 13, or fewer, days before camp start date no refunds or vouchers will be issued
- If The Works must cancel a program, we will refund the full fee
Important Camp Details:
Did you know members get a discount on camps as well as other benefits? Not a member? Purchase a membership today!
One-Day Camps for ages 5-10.
- Per day price: $79, $71.10 members
- Ages 5-10 (5 year-olds must be currently enrolled in Kindergarten)
- Pizza lunch is included.
- Bring an a.m. and a p.m. snack.
NEW! Sound Effects Engineers
Wednesday, October 16, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Construct unusual noise makers and explore the science of sound. Record special effect sounds using unexpected materials. Distort and mix the sounds using Garage Band. Make a recording of spooky sounds to be used in our Haunted Castle.
Thursday, October 17, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Explore strong structures and experiment with building towers. Everyone will contribute a floor to build a LEGO skyscraper as tall as possible, then strength-test it.
Build a Haunted Castle
Friday, October 18, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Build a room-sized cardboard castle with doors to nowhere and secret passages, then make it spookier by adding lights and electronic sounds.
Half-Day Camps for ages 11-13.
- Per day price: $40, $36 members
- Ages 11-13
- Bring a p.m. snack
Intro to Arduino
Wednesday, October 16, 1-4 p.m.
Explore the basics of this microcontroller that enables you to build digital devices. Use it to program a light show with LEDs. Bring your Arduino home to make more projects.
Thursday, October 17, 1-4 p.m.
Plan, design, and create characters to star in your own stop-motion animated video. Learn to design a set, create a storyline, and use iPads to capture your stop-motion shots.
Wooden Cell Phone Speaker
Friday, October 18, 1-4 p.m.
Make your own unplugged cell phone speaker. Practice using our woodworking tools and make an acoustic speaker to take home.